One of my favorite passion statements is this. It's not about me but it is all about Christ. I pray that all who visit this site will see more of Jesus than you see of me. I have two passions for living. Christ and my gorgeous wife Betty. Thanks for looking and I pray that God moves you to excellence in His Kingdom.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Making the most of everything

To everyone who reads this blog let me encourage you to begin to have fun. As a Christian we have sometimes been taught that having fun and enjoying life are not beneficial to our relationship with Christ. I have never believed this and will always, with Gods help try to make the best from every situation that comes my way.
Enjoying the presence of God and the wonderful personalities of the people I meet is a delight.
If you are not a Christian let me encourage you to take a look at the wonderful Jesus. In the church the last few years His Glory has been clouded with a bunch of tradition and rules. Being a product of the late 60's I have never been a strong advocate of rules. Jesus loves everyone. Regardless of your past He will be your friend and your advocate. More importantly He will be your Redeemer and bring hope and purpose to you life.
I have found myself hungering for the life that Christ and the early church lived. all too often we have forgotten the passion that ruled their everyday existence.

Passion that moved them to face death, persecution, and hunger, just to share the message of Jesus. Passion that allowed them to see in everyone the hope of a changed life and a firm resolution to live that life for Christ.

One of my passion statements is this: It's not about me, It is all about Him.

To my friends, members, and all who read this. Live a life with passion. It will cause you to love, to give, and to be blessed in ways that will enrich your life in the world and your walk with Christ.

Look at every situation with passion and see if you can't have some fun along the way.
pastor marvin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well written and SO TRUE!! Thank you for the reminder to look at every situation with passion, and also that it's OK for Christians to "Have Fun!" :)